COVID-19 TEST CHOICES, TIMELINES & IMMUNO-COV BENEFITS
How IMMUNO-COV Fits in the COVID-19 Diagnostic Landscape
COVID-19 diagnostics are critical for understanding current and prior infection. IMMUNO-COV allows you to know more by providing a quantifiable understanding of the body’s defense status.
Where IMMUNO-COV Fits in the COVID-19 Diagnostic Timeline
It is important to understand the diagnostic test timeline and when to utilize the appropriate testing technology.
The IMMUNO-COV™ neutralizing antibody test is a functional assay that specifically measures and quantifies the virus-neutralizing function of antibodies that can stop SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Other serology tests, including ELISAs and Point of Care tests like lateral flow assays, can detect antibodies that recognize the virus but do not confirm their ability to neutralize or stop the virus from infecting new cells.
- IMMUNO-COV provides insightful information for when, after consultation with a healthcare provider, it is safe for individuals to go back to work and resume normal activities of daily life
- IMMUNO-COV is a key part of testing technology for entities wishing to maintain a protective “bubble” for their teams
- IMMUNO-COV is used in assessing neutralizing antibody levels in potential donors of COVID-19 convalescent plasma for treatment of patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 (plasma with high neutralizing antibody titers is preferred)
- IMMUNO-COV is used in evaluating the relative effectiveness of SARS-COV-2 vaccine candidates in clinical trials
- IMMUNO-COV is a key testing technology for healthcare workers and other at-risk professionals with prior SARS-CoV-2 infections that can assess the strength and durability of their immunity to COVID-19 over time